Full face snorkel masks are the latest innovation for people who love the adventure and beauty of snorkeling. Relaxing and exploring the seabed has become more fun with 180° panoramic views and effortless easy breathing. The new double chamber breathing system found in the latest full face snorkel mask has solved the problems many snorkelers have encounter in the past.
In a hurry?
Have you experienced clearing a traditional mask and snorkel from fog and water? With these full face masks there’s no need to tread water anymore as you try to get rid of the fog inside the lens or choking on water that has entered the snorkel, like you would with a traditional snorkel.
Comparing The Top 5 Full Face Snorkeling Masks Features
|Seaview 180||Vaincre||H20 Ninja||Thenice|
|180° Panoramic View|
|Anti Fog Lens|
|Silicone Watertight Seal|
|Double Chamber Air Vent Valves (new technology)|
|Secure Lock Snorkel|
|2 Year Warranty|
Award Winning Product
Winning 1st place at the Oxylane Innovation awards in France, the Tribord Easybreath brand was the first fully integrated snorkeling mask. The designers and engineers at Tribord took 7 months to create this unique mask. One of it’s main features is the double airflow breathing system (air vent valves) which makes it easy to breathe through your nose and mouth like you do on land.
Important Safety Feature – The Tribord Easybreath 2017 version has a secure lock on the snorkel. This prevents the head of the snorkel from unexpectedly detaching. Competing models do not have this feature which has been a problem with the other brands.
To save you valuable time in reading lots of different reviews, we’ve decided to compare several competing models and brands below, rating them from #1 – #5 to help you choose the one that’s right for your next snorkeling vacation or even as a gift for a friend.
#1 – Why Is The Tribord Easybreath Full Face Snorkel Mask The Best?
This new version of the Tribord Easybreath model was designed using the latest technology to improve the airflow throughout the mask. The Tribord design team (in France) invented the double chamber air vent valves which has two separate breathing channels, one for breathing in and one for breathing out.
This allows for effortless natural breathing and no fogging up of the lens. No other brand on the market has this dual airflow technology. This is why other competing brands are cheaper and don’t deliver this important feature all snorkelers are looking for, an easy natural breathing experience underwater.
The 1st version of the Tribord Easybreath was created 4 years ago. The designers and engineers have now fixed any problems with the breathing system incorporating these new double airflow channels. Try and find a competing full face mask on the market that has this technology. This is why other brands on the market can sell their masks for half the price as the breathing system they use does not feature the double air chamber vent valves for the ultimate performance.
After testing 4 other competing brands on and under the water the latest Easybreath model stood out. It was closely followed by the Seaview 180 which has an attachment for a GoPro camera. But does not have the double air vent valves. However if you really want one with a GoPro mount this is the 2nd best full face mask we recommend.
What Makes The Technology Of The Tribord Different To Other Masks?
The patented design is what makes it both comfortable to wear and easy to use. The relief valve at the bottom is the part that clears out any trapped water. No more fear of having enough air in your lungs to clear a snorkel tube of water. It’s leak free, does not fog up and there’s no need for anti-fog spray. And as we mentioned above the latest version of the Tribord Easybreath has the double air vent valve channels for easy breathing.
How Does The Tribord Double Airflow Breathing System Work?
All other brands mentioned below don’t give us, the consumer, the experience we are looking for – natural effortless breathing and no leaking. The one exception is the Seaview 180 which is a good product especially if you want to use your GoPro camera to capture the experience so you can share with your friends.
See The Tribord EasyBreath Mask In Action On & Under The Water
What Do Customers, Product Designers And Engineers Have To Say?
Pros And Cons Of The Tribord Easybreath
- Easier for all ages especially kids. There’s no fear of swallowing water or the need to reserve a lung full of air to clear the snorkel out
- Outstanding 180° panoramic views
- Dry Snorkel technology
- The dual airflow breathing channel valves are separate making for easy natural breathing. No other full face mask this feature
- Highest quality silicone facial lining for ultimate comfort and to keep the mask watertight
- The silicone lining follows the jawline right up to the cheek for leak free experience
- The 2017 version has new technology that allows the top of the snorkel to stay attached
- Shatterproof polycarbonate full face window
- Highly visible snorkel that can be seen up to 4 times the distance of a regular snorkel
- Kids love using these full-face snorkeling masks in the pool, they have so much fun!
- Cannot wear prescription glasses with the mask on, as it fits too closely to the face and also, glasses will not allow for a watertight fit
- As with most other underwater breathing devices, a beard or excessive facial hair can cause the watertight seal to leak
- Somewhat restricted use as it is not meant for free diving or rigorous swimming. This mask works best for snorkeling in shallow water which is limited only by your comfort level. However this is the case with any snorkeling device
In the rest of our review, we take a quick look at four other masks available. Beware though, many are not as good as the Tribord, for 3 reasons. 1st all other brands are a copy of the original design. 2nd the double airflow system has a new design which makes the new version of the Tribord Easybreath easier to breathe. And 3rd it has a double air vent valve which stops any fogging of the lens, no other full face mask on the market has this important feature.
To be honest, we did not think these snorkeling masks would work as well as they do. Out of the 5 models we tested, only the Tribord Easybreath and Seaview 180 delivered well on quality and performance.
With 180° views and the ability to breathe through your mouth and nose for effortless natural breathing, these two masks are just what most surface snorkelers are looking for.
They also don’t fog up like traditional masks, are leak free and the snorkel tube has a mechanism that stops water from entering.
We recommend 2 brands that stand out in all areas compared to the rest. First the Tribord Easybreath as the best full-face mask on the market. Followed closely by the Seaview 180 which is around $20 less and has a GoPro mount.
How Do The Other 4 Masks We Tested Compare To The Tribord Easybreath?
We’ve looked at four other masks and compared them with the Tribord. All these masks have tried to copy the Easybreath design, but most of them don’t deliver the natural easy breathing and leak free experience that the #1 mask on the market does.
#2 – Seaview 180
The Seaview 180 model has an integrated GoPro mount so you can easily attach your GoPro camera.
From our experience and that of over 1,800 Amazon customer reviews, this is the only full-face mask that performs as well as the Tribord Easybreath. However as we mention above it does not have the new double air vent valves for exceptional breathing and airflow for preventing fog inside the mask.
If you are only going to be snorkeling for 30 minutes at a time then this mask works fine. All other mask we tested do not perform well right from the start.
There are some Seaview masks available without the GoPro mount. The most popular model though is the one with the attachment. If you love showing your family and friends your underwater adventures and the beautiful aquatic sea-life, we recommend this Seaview Model here at Amazon.
Here are some important features of the Seaview 180:
- It provides a 180 degree panoramic views so you won’t miss a thing while your enjoying the underwater world
- The silicone lining ensures that this masks gives you a comfortable and snug fit and prevents water from entering the mask
- It comes in 6 different colors and a variety of sizes to fit both adults and children
- The wide straps on the mask are easy to adjust
- It’s not as well made as the Tribord Easybreath but you get what you pay for. As we mention above it’s $20 less on Amazon
#3 – Vaincre 180
The Vaincre 180 offers the same dry top snorkel system as the other models. It has a GoPro mount integrated with the mask. The mask does not use the silicone facial lining which would keep it airtight and prevents water from leaking in. We found that it leaked a bit, slowly building up over a few minutes. However it wasn’t to bad and wasn’t really a problem.
We tested this model on the water together with the Tribord Easybreath, Seaview 180 and the other two below. It’s an average mask that does not deliver natural and effortless breathing. The field of vision is not as clear as the two we recommend. Also the snorkel head can detach unexpectedly when used in choppy water.
The last two brands below, the H20 Ninja and Thenice are just poor imitations of the original Tribord model and the Seaview 180.
#4 – H20 Ninja
This brand and model is the most expensive mask on the market. There is a big difference in price compared to its competitors.
The H20 Ninja also has an integrated GoPro mount. It has a few of the features that the Tribord Easybreath has. However we could find no reason for it to cost so much more. For that reason alone, we strongly suggest our two recommended brands first because they certainly do deliver the ultimate underwater experience that your looking for.
#5 – Thenice Surface Snorkel
There’s not much to say about the Thenice surface mask. It filled with water and breathing flow blocked up when looking down as the snorkel is too short. Breathing in through the mouth and out through the nose was not easy. It does not have a GoPro mount included. Obviously this full face snorkel mask is to be avoided!
Cheaper Is Not Always Better
Most of us tend to shop around to find a similar or better product at a lower price. All too often though, you can end up buying a product that looks the same but is made from poor quality materials. It usually has some features missing, even though it looks very similar.
Some copies on the market have a GoPro attachment. The Tribord does not have this extra feature. The only other mask from our testing that lives up to the high standard of the Tridord is the Seaview 180 which we mentioned above.
Some companies in China are very good at replicating product designs but these replicas are often a much lower quality product than the original. Selling a cheaper version of a good product can be very lucrative for a company and a tempting buy for us as the consumers.
Sometimes there is only a slight visual difference between the model that is a copy and the original. This makes it very difficult for the consumer to tell which is the better product. If it says Tribord Easybreath in the description and title you can rest assured it’s the original model. And the word “Tribord” is written on the snorkel.
Can You Use Prescription Eye Wear With These Masks?
A question we have found that comes up a lot is whether you can wear glasses when using these masks. The straight up answer, unfortunately, is no. The arms of the glasses would break the seal and allow water to get in.
Some owners of the Tribord have commented that it magnifies the underwater surroundings to a certain extent. That may be enough to allow you to see underwater but if not, you may need to look at getting contact lenses. We have also heard of glasses being fitted with a rubber strap instead of fixed arms so that may be something you could look into.
Tribord is the original full-face mask and so all the other models that are now available are copies.
Some consumer reviews on Amazon have indicated that the copied products fog up, leak over time and are not that flexible. This flexibility is what allows the mask to create a good seal around your face to keep the water out. It also makes the mask easier to put on.
It was also mentioned that when wearing these masks, the jaw and face do not get sore from constantly holding and clenching a snorkel in the mouth. According to many reviews at Amazon, the Tribord Easybreath is an excellent product that enhances the user’s underwater experience in many ways when compared to conventional snorkels and masks.
The overwhelming majority of the reviews for the Tribord Easybreath are very positive and contain valuable information which is very useful if you’re still not sure that this is the right full-face mask for you.
Choosing Size And Color
A difference in size or color can make a difference in price. We found that some sites will sell products that differ in cost according to color or size. We couldn’t see a reason why this would happen and so we contacted the Tribord company to find out.
Their answer was, that depending on availability, shipping, production costs, and material availability the price can vary. Rather than mark all the sizes up in price, they only mark up those that cost significantly more to produce due to those factors.
This is something that is important to find out with any purchase – does the cost vary with color or size? This is also an indication that it is an original product and not a copy.
Comparing prices between different brands and their features will help you decide if it’s worth the price. We recommend the original design, the Tribord Easybreath brand, as your best option. This is closely followed by the Seaview 180 model. We have another short video just below on the fitness benefits and fun of swimming laps using one of these snorkeling masks.
Conclusion On The Full Face Snorkel Mask Review
We tested 5 brands and found the new design of the Tribord Easybreath to be of the highest quality. It gives a richer experience than other copies of the design. It is closely followed by the Seaview 180 model which, as we mentioned, has a GoPro mount.
Our conclusion is that this original and patented technology of the Tribord Easybreath is your best option when looking for a full-face snorkeling mask. Some brands that are similar are not the original and will not give you the best performance and experience.
The water that enters through the “Try Top” snorkel is minimal. If and when it does, the water drains out through the purge valve located at the bottom of the mask. Thousands of snorkelers from all over the world are enjoying the easy and effortless underwater breathing and the 180° panoramic views of the Tribord Easybreath.
Can You Swim Laps Using The Best Full Face Snorkel Mask?
Here’s a video to show you how simple it is to swim laps for fun and fitness using your full face snorkeling mask:
Here are some of the benefits of swimming laps with your new snorkeling mask:
- Allows you to maintain correct body position because while wearing the mask, you will concentrate on focusing your eyes a few inches in front of you rather than focusing on the opposite wall of the pool or having your head too far under the water.
- It helps you with correct core rotation without moving your head from side to side.
- It eliminates the fatigue caused by too much side breathing because with the mask on, you won’t be able to breathe on the side. This in turn allows you to practice better and stronger arm strokes and will improve your overall swimming performance.
- This is especially useful for children and people who are working on their swimming techniques and is great for warm-ups and cool-down swims.
Tribord Easybreath versus Seaview 180
We thought an actual comparison between the Tribord Easybreath and the Seaview 180 might be useful, especially if you’re still trying to decide which one is better for you. Here are some of the most crucial differences between the two:
- Firstly there’s a slight price difference between the two masks with the Seaview 180 being around $20 cheaper.
- Both masks will give you an 180 degree view however the panoramic lens on the Seaview is such that it creates demagnification which causes objects to feel slightly further away than they actually are.
- The overall weight and feel of the Tribord Easybreath suggests that the quality of the materials is superior to the Seaview 180. This means that the Tribord is most likely more durable and will last longer especially with prolonged use.
- The lens on the Tribord Easybreath is of a higher quality than the Seaview 180.
- The Tribord Easybreath has a slightly slimmer shape meaning it seems to fit more securely onto the face.
- The Seaview 180 already comes with a camera mount while you need to purchase this separately for the Tribord Easybreath.
Overall, both the Tribord Easybreath and the Seaview 180 are excellent full face snorkel masks however, the Tribord Easybreath wins hands down on its quality constructions and durability.
Camera Mount For The Tribord Easybreath
Subea, the company who makes the Tribord Easybreath full face snorkel mask, have manufactured a camera mount which can be used with their mask. Even though we recommend using a handheld extension for your camera if you want high quality film. We found the head movements disturbs the friction while filming.
Here are the details of the camera mount:
- The mount is compatible with Decathlon G-Eye and GoPro cameras
- It’s quick and easy to mount and remove and doesn’t require the use of any tools
- The mount does not restrict the mask’s field of vision
- Once mounted on the snorkel mask, the mount stays in place and will not move
- It’s designed exclusively for the Tribord Easybreath full face mask
The camera mount actually fits on the snorkel section of the mask so it does not interfere with how the mask functions. Now you can easily film your underwater adventures using the best full face snorkeling mask available on the market!
How To Prepare Your Mask Before First Use
Before you use your full face snorkel mask, you’ll need to do a little preparation to get it ready for your first snorkeling adventure. The reason for this is when you receive your mask there will be a little manufacturer’s film left on the mask which needs to be removed to stop the mask from fogging up.
Here are a couple of easy ways you can remove this film:
1. Rub some dish washing liquid into the clear sections of your mask, both inside and out, with your fingers. Rub for several minutes and then leave the liquid on the mask to dry. There’s no need to rinse it off until just before you get into the water.
2. Another method you can use is to rub white toothpaste (not gel) onto the clear sections of the inside of your mask. Make sure you rub this in thoroughly with your fingers for several minutes. Then rinse thoroughly making sure that no toothpaste remains on the mask.
Either of these two methods will ensure that your mask won’t fog up the first time you use it.
To fit your mask correctly, make sure that you pull back any hair from your face and pull the strap over your head after placing your chin on the chin rest. Tighten the mask by pulling back on each strap until you get a nice firm fit. You’re now ready to go snorkeling!
How To Care For Your Full Face Snorkel Mask
To ensure the long life of your mask, here are some care tips:
After each use make sure you detach the snorkel from your mask and rinse each part well under clear running water. Ensure there is no sand in the snorkel and that the float mechanism can move freely.
Also make sure that wash off any sunscreen that may have gotten onto mask. If left on, sunscreen can cause the silicon of the mask to harden and therefore degrade over time.
After thoroughly rinsing your mask and snorkel, put them into a mesh bag and allow them to dry away from direct sunlight. Following these simple tips will ensure that your full face snorkel mask will last you well for many happy snorkeling adventures.
Why It’s Better To Buy Your Own Snorkel Mask Rather Than Hiring One
If you’re going on a holiday and intend to do some snorkeling, it’s always better to take your own gear rather renting gear from the tour operators or dive shops. Here are some of the reasons why you should have your own gear:
- Quality – you can never guarantee the quality of hired gear, however if you’re going to invest in snorkeling gear, you’ll obviously buy the best you can afford. You’ll most likely find too that most snorkeling gear rental places will not have the latest full face snorkeling masks so you’ll have to put up with a traditional mask and snorkel.
- Size – although most dive shops will have a large range of sizes to suit most people, you may arrive at a time when the exact size you want is not available. With your own mask, you know that mask fits you perfectly and you’re comfortable wearing it.
- Cleanliness – you can never be sure that the mask you hire has been adequately cleaned before it’s given to you and just rinsing it in the ocean before using it just doesn’t ensure that it’s fully clean and sanitized.
- Convenience – if you bring your own snorkeling mask, you can go snorkeling wherever and whenever you want. This means you don’t have to wait for the dive shop to open before you can rent your gear.
- Saves You Money – if you intend to go snorkeling more than once then cost of purchasing your own gear will be repaid after your second snorkeling outing, especially when you compare it to the cost of hiring your gear.
For all of these reasons and more, it’s definitely worth investing in your own snorkeling gear which you can take along to all your vacations. Not only that, but you can use your full face snorkel mask all summer long when you’re at home. And if you have a pool they are great fun for the kids!